To download the Tour Operator Specials Extension, follow the steps below.
You can also download and install the extension directly from the backend of your website:
- Login to the backend of your website.
- Navigate to the “Plugins” dashboard item.
- Select “Add New” when on the plugins page.
- Search for “Tour Operator Specials”.
- Download and activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the back-end of your WordPress website.
- Hover over the “Plugins” item on your Dashboard.
- Select the “Add New” sub item.
- Select the “Upload Plugin” option and choose the “TO specials”.zip file you recently downloaded.
- Select “Install Now”.
- Once the plugin is installed, select “Activate Plugin”.
Once the specials extension is activated, the “specials” post type section will automatically be added to your Tour Operator Plugin Options.
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard
- Hover over the “Tour Operators” menu item and select the “Settings” option
- Select the new tab labelled “Specials”
- Here you can configure your TO specials extension settings from the following available options:
Banner Placeholder – Select a placeholder image to display as the specials landing page banner image
Featured Image – Select a placeholder featured image for your specials posts
General Enquiry – Select the general enquiry popup form you want to be accessible on your specials pages
View the Plugins Support docs to view supported Form Plugins
Disable Modal – Disable the LSX contact modal and instead redirect to URL of another page
Enquire Link – Input the URL for the custom contact page (will only take effect if modal is disabled)
Disable Archives – This disables the “post type archive”, if you create your own custom loop it will still work.
Disable Singles – When disabled you will be redirected to the homepage when trying to access a single specials page.
Title – Title the archives for your specials
Tagline – Give a brief description to be displayed as the specials archive tagline
Description – Give a brief description of your specials archives
Add a Special
- Navigate to your WordPress Dashboard
- Hover over the “Tour Operator” custom menu item
- Select the “Add Special” option from the sub-menu
- View the options below to inserting your desired content into the editing page
- When complete, select the “Preview” option to view your post
- Publish your specials post when you are happy with it
Title – Add in the title of the special
Description area – This is where the body of your content goes.
Excerpt – Add in a short summary for your Specials post. This will display when the special is viewed in thumbnail form
LSX Tour Operators
Featured– Select the checkbox to add the post to your list of featured posts.
Tagline – Set a tagline to display beneath the title for this special
Terms & Conditions – Enter in the terms and conditions for the use of this special
Gallery from Envira Gallery plugin – Include an Envira Gallery on your post (Visit Plugin Support for more information on supported gallery plugins)
Duration – Enter in the duration this special is available for
Booking Validity – Enter in dates for when booking is valid for this special
Travel Dates – Enter the available travel dates for this special
Price – Enter the price of the special
Price Type – Select the price type from the dropdown menu (per person sharing etc)
Accommodations related with this special – Select previously added destinations that include this special from the “Destinations” post type
Tours related with this special – Select previously added tours that include this special from the “Tours” post type
Destinations related with this special – Select previously added destinations that include this Special from the “Destinations” post type
Show Sharing Buttons – Select the checkbox to make the social sharing icons visible on the Special.
Enable Post-Expiration – Select the checkbox to enable the expiration of the post.
Date – Enter in the time and date you wish the post to expire on.
How to expire – Select a method of expiration.
- Before publishing your special , be sure to make use of the internal linking system by selecting the options that are relevant to the Special from the custom “Travel Style” taxonomy you previously created content for. See our Custom Taxonomies Documentation for more on populating your taxonomies
- Select the checkboxes most relevant to the special, or select “+Add New Travel Style” to create a new category
- You can also add a “Special Type”. These are similar to Travel Styles but are not global. This is only for Specials and is great for categorising them!