Safari Bookings is a highly popular and well established online resource for planning safari trips. Users can easily compare a wide selection of specialized safaris, offered by nearly 200 tour tour operators.
Also provided on SafariBookings is quality information and independent reviews on each provider to help users decide where and when to go on their travels.
A SafariBookings account and review service are free and will stay so forever. Advertising your company and tours is also free, but operators have the option to pay for it. If they do, their company and tours will rank higher and generate more business. More information about this a bit further on.
Who can join?
They have a lot of clout when it comes to highly competitive search phrases relating to safaris and tour packages, so being listed with them is a must-do for Tour Operators. However, they only accept tours operators who
- Are fully registered and have the required licenses to operate a tourism business according to the laws of the country (or countries) where they are incorporated.
- Offer tours to one (or multiple) of the following safari countries: Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and/or Zimbabwe.
- Are specialized in Africa. It’s OK if you also offer tours to one or two other ‘non-Western’ continents (such as Asia or South America), but we don’t accept operators/agents that can arrange tours to anywhere in the world, unless:
- You are located in one of the 11 safari countries mentioned above.
- You have a specialized Africa department that has multiple employees who deal with Africa only.
How to rank well on SafariBookings
Every time someone searches for tours or operators on SafariBookings, our system determines the ranking in which they will appear. A higher ranking results in more exposure and that means more quote requests.
The ranking system is based on three elements:
- Relevance to the client.
- Your performance on our platform.
- The amount you are willing to pay for a quote request.
You can offer a payment of 0.5% to 1.5% of the value of the quote. You can offer a different percentage for each tour and/or your company profile and you can change the percentage at any time. Offering a higher percentage (and therefore payment) will result in a higher ranking.